BUILDING A HEALTHY CITY
New Brunswick, New Jersey is also known as “The Healthcare City.” This bustling metropolis offers a wealth of health & wellness resources for its residents. However, New Brunswick’s health & wellness providers found that people weren’t fully utilizing the services available to them. To change this perception, a coalition of organizations including the city government launched the LIVE WELL-VIVIR BIEN NEW BRUNSWICK™ campaign.
ENGAGING A CITY'S RESIDENTS
To connect residents to these vital resources, our digital strategy focused on integrating resources, social communities and campaign information into a mobile app. In close collaboration with the campaign communications team we developed several key features:
• Resource detail pages that present campaign partner overviews, locations, contact info, services offered, hours of operation, etc.
• An event calendar that highlights upcoming health-related activities.
• Push notifications that enable subscribers to receive text alerts about campaign updates.
• A social feature that allows residents to check-in to places, add friends, and post comments and pictures.
• Campaign social media feeds that feature related videos and photos.
• The campaign’s pre-existing brand integrated into the app’s design.
• The mobile app is available on the health campaign website, which 3rd Edge also developed.
The Live Well-Vivir Bien New Brunswick mobile app is now available on the AppStore and on Google Play. For the first time, the people of New Brunswick have a single resource, available 24/7 that can help them live healthier lives.